Monday, October 24, 2011

The Deluge

So it turns out that Dublin is having a bit of a weather situation.

This is to be expected. Ireland is notorious for crappy weather. Back in the day, even the Romans refused to conquer the island because of its climate. These were people who were known for two things: rocking togas and conquering stuff. Maybe also gladiators, so three things. And also orgies, so four, look, my point is that the weather here is horrible and it rains a lot, all right?

The problem isn't limited to Dublin. Yesterday a group of hikers in Country Wicklow had to be rescued after the rains took their hiking path and turned it into a river. This is heavy duty weather phenomena. I come from a country where it can rain for eleven consecutive months and even I'm impressed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy a canoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment